Courtesy of Simon Clarke, here’s a list of recently and for the first time published Scandinavian crime novels in English translation. Simon has of course spent his Summer well and read all of them – stay tuned for his further recommendations below.
This is what Simon sent us:
Since we last met at the Nordic Noir Book Club, there have been 5 NEW Nordic Noir authors published in English for the first time.
1. Thomas Enger (Norwegian), Burned (Faber and Faber)
2. Arne Dahl (Swedish), Misterioso (USA Edition–Pantheon Books) but available from Amazon–UK–and on Kindle.
3. Sara Blaedel (Danish), Call Me Princess (USA Edition -Pegasus Books) but available from Amazon UK.
4. Jorn Lier Horst (Norwegian), Dregs (Sandstone Press). The publishers are based in the Highlands of Scotland.
5. Stefan Tegenfalk (Swedish), Anger Mode (Nordic Noir Books). The publishers are the new UK -imprint of Swedish Publishers Massolit.
I enjoyed all the above books – one or two were absolutely first-rate. The following NEW, first time, Nordic-Noir authors will shortly be published in English:
1. 29/9/11. Kristina Ohlsson (Swedish), Unwanted (Simon and Schuster)
2. 27/10/11. Mons Kallentoft ( Swedish), Midwinter Sacrifice (Hodder and Stoughton)
3.Nov 11. Jens Lapidus (Swedish), Easy Money (USA Edition–Pantheon Books), but available from Amazon UK.
4. 24/11/11. Lene Kaaberbol and Agnete Friis (Danish), Boy in the Suitcase (USA Edition-Soho Press), but available from Amazon UK and on Kindle.
5. 5/1/12. Hans Koppel (Swedish), She’s Never Coming Back (Sphere).
Thanks, Simon. We shall be looking forward to your (and other readers’) recommendations below.